Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rae Dunn

Perfection is achieved not when there's nothing more to add...
but when there's nothing left to take away....
Les is more....
For so many things....
Love her work from Rae Dunn, follow her on Facebook, it's hilarious, you will step into Wilma's world, her sidekick...."cross" over......
Here's part of her story, lovvv it...

“I don’t think my art is a reaction against the complexity of life today, but rather a way for me to embrace the joyful, spontaneous elements of daily life that seem to be wanting in so much of what we do. Today, more than ever, I think we all need to slow down and grasp that which is honest, real, and personally satisfying. I try to express those feelings in all of my work.”
Her work is strongly influenced by the Japanese aesthetic of wabi-sabi, the beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. “I don’t strive for perfection in line and form in my work, because for me the balance I’m trying to achieve can’t be represented that way. The incompleteness and imperfection of my work is part of the story. Just as the absence of something in our lives can stir powerful feelings and show us the way to wholeness.”
 “In my own way, I am driven to find that balance between expressing something that is deeply meaningful to me, and creating a sense of joy that might quietly touch the lives of others.” 

handmade chunky porcelain bowl 
food & dishwasher safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment